'Cheers' down the Years - Heritage Trail 2018



I joined my fellow Stanza poets on a heritage trail walk this past Sunday.  We gathered together at the Rose and Crown and we started out with my poem ‘Cain and Abel’  Which got us off to a raucous start.  We then went off towards the Library stopping off at the shop that is Fat Face but used to be a pub for Jenny to read out her poem.  We went up Church Brow and Maureen gave us some information about a pub that used to exist somewhere along the road.  We then moved on down Waddington Road to the RC Cemetery where Alyson read her poem.  We then walked back up Waddington Road to the Waggon and Horses where we stopped for a rest and a drink and for a pome from Phil and Iris.  After a while we moved off up Chatburn road towards the White Horse then via Tesco’s to the Dog and Partridge where I gave my poem ‘Under the Stars’  then we moved off to our destination The Swan and Royal where we heard poems from Iris and a very moving one from Phil.  Then we were able to get the pints in and rest our weary limbs.  All said, I think everyone had a great day!       






Comments